Things that go bump
[html]

Short but I wanna get this going again. XD

WC: 344

The tension that had risen in the room was palpable. Bris wasn't sure how long it took for Conor's voice to break the uneasy silence. It almost seemed to her like time itself stopped when her voice did, and the white woman tried to swallow the lump that had taken over her throat. It was stubborn, though, and Bris resigned herself to holding her breath while the silence hung between the wolves. Her eyes remained fixed on the darkness that lay beyond the window pane. She still wasn't sure if she'd done the right thing in telling him.

When Conor's voice finally echoed through the study, Bris sucked in a breath of air. His words were laced with hot fury, so much so that Bris could almost swear she'd felt the temperature in the room rise. The tone was completely unexpected; the woman had known the male would be concerned, but the rage that boiled beneath his words had caught her completely off guard. For a moment she couldn't respond, instead forcing down the fear that the male's anger was somehow directed at her. Of course, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, but the unexpected reaction had sent Bris' emotions reeling.

It took the young Dahlian a few minutes to fight back the tears that had threatened to spill. Why she'd suddenly wanted to cry, Bris had no idea. When she spoke, her voice was quiet. She forced it to be steady, her hand still held over the marks on her shoulder from Hybrid's fangs. "Not badly, no. He could have killed me if he really wanted to. I think it was some sort of game to him, and I don't think he stumbled into me by accident." Bris sighed heavily as she went on, calming a bit now that she was explaining. "I just wish my mind would get over it as quickly as my body. I'm having nightmares." There, her weakness was out for Conor to see. Bris was nothing more than a silly little girl running away from a bad dream.

Table by Vero!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread