World Return
[html]

300+

Haven had really hoped that the mention of his sword wouldn't put his little brother off any, but when Alder's ears pulled back against his head the older male's smile faltered. It didn't disappear completely, but it ceased to be as wide and proud as it had been moments before. His hopes had gotten bigger than his intellect and he had sullied this nice moment between them. Alder was clearly a mild boy and not like Haven had been himself as a pup. Swords had never scared him, in fact he'd always wanted one so he could be the dashing hero, but it was clear that no such notions lived in the blue-eyed boy's head. Alder probably wanted to focus on all the good things about being a knight and not the violence and the price that such a position came at. The Aatte silently scolded himself and vowed not to make such a mistake again. Still, after a few moments the pup nodded his head and Haven felt a bit better about things.

The question that came next was to be expected. Honestly there weren't many harrowing tales to tell Alder about those he had rescued, at least not any that he would repeat to the boy at his age. "Not as many as some. I saved a boy from Dahlia from getting bite by a snake once. I also rescued my mate once, and my aunt." He had saved Firefly, but not her unborn pups. What had happened that day still haunted him a bit, and he had not forgotten the promise he had made that day. He would make those two Dahlians pay for the heinous crime they had committed. Unbeknownst to him, one was already dead and the other had left the lands. Smiling back at Alder he banished those thoughts for the moment. "I haven't been a Knight for all that long though. I hope to rescue more people, and more importantly to keep people safe so they don't need to be rescued." That was his daily mission in Cour des Miracles, to keep the pack safe so no one got in a situation they needed to be saved from.

<style type="text/css">
.havengift01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#9c9771; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havengift01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#484232; text-align:left;}
.havengift01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.havengift01a {margin:0 auto; width:414px; background-color:#dfcaa7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... aven01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f7f2e8; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#484232; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.havengift01a-border1 {width:416px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}
.havengift01a-line1 {width:384px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9c9771; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread