This Heart's On Fire
[html]

His words were warm and compassionate, but sincere. Nayru knew that Conor valued her, but did he value her as a member of Dahlia or simply as one of his many wards that he was too kind not to love? If she were to leave Nayru still doubted that it would be a big loss to Dahlia de Mai and for this she was very sorry, even if Conor would grieve her for a time. Yet she could not continue to argue with the leader of Dahlia and so she simply bowed her head in acceptance. She would take the suck the words in, slowly digest them, hopefully believing them in time. For now all the patch work girl could do was mumble in her soft voice words of assent.

"Yes Conor. Thank you." Yet inside there was something that hardened. A sort of resolve. There was room for improvement and Nayru would improve. She would excel. One day she would look Conor in the eye and tell him that now she was worthy, and he would understand how far she had come. Some day. Yet for now she simply stood before him, unsure of what more to do now that he had quelled her insecurities.

"I am devoted to Dahlia de Mai. More than anything else. And I will make you proud of me Conor. Prouder than you are now. I promise." He hadn’t asked for a promise, but once her word was given there was no turning back, and perhaps it was to herself more than anything that she made such a commitment for perfection.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread