dark blue
[html]

Clover watched interestedly as Ember spoke of sending a bird, pale gold fluttering to the sky as a gull drifted down from the air above their heads. The sounds that came from Ember were entirely unfamiliar to Clover coming from a Luperci’s mouth, but it seemed as if the woman was speaking the language of the birds. Silently, the young Lykoi watched the interaction between bird and wolf, before Ember turned back to Clover to ask about building a fire. "Of yes. Of course, love. Anything to make it easier for your Bayard to find you." She had plenty of supplies and things tucked into her small shack hidden away from the shore not too far from here, invisible from the shore only because of the trees. "We should keep the fire on the shore, though, so it’ll be more visible." Plus, Clover worried about accidents. She didn’t want the flames to lick too high and latch onto a nearby tree. She couldn’t possibly imagine the damage and devastation of a large forest fire (though she only had to travel north of Halcyon to see the leftover catastrophe of a two year old arson).

"Let me grab some things for us, and I will be right back, love. Stay and rest your foot." She turned to leave, her golden walnut hair spinning around her shoulders lightly. For a moment she hesitated, turning back to look at the darkly colored woman. "Perhaps you can tell the bird our plans?" She had no idea what had already been said to the gull, but she was sure Ember would take care of whatever needed to be said. With that, the girl turned in a small pirouette and took off towards her shack. There she’d collect some firewood stacked outside and try to drape some blankets over her shoulder for them to wrap themselves in.

Had she had more hands, the small girl would have brought more. However, Clover figured she could run back to the shack at any time if the need called for it. Returning to Ember, Clover let the wood drop from her arms and looked to Ember’s emerald gaze with a small smile turning her lips. "That stuff is heavy," she said softly, before pulling the blankets away from her shoulders where they had been draped. She handed one to Ember, while Clover let the purple tapestry fall to the sand beside her. They’d need to arrange the wood, before Clover could extract the small box of matches from her jean shorts’ pocket to light it. "I'll have to grab some more, but I figured this would be enough to get it started," and she crouched to begin turning the small logs into a reasonable shaped campfire.

456 words
<style>
.clover-byjames1 p {margin:10px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.clover-byjames1 b {color:#c5af13;}
.clover-byjames1 {font-size:11px; color:#779959; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:321px; background-color:#010101; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... lovery.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:355px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-byjames1-wc {width:321px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread