under my umbrella
[html]

My sincerest apologies for overlooking this thread. It will be my top priority, I promise. Smile

The sleek, cloud wisp of his tail began to beat against the porch floor when two very different shapes gamboled from the direction of the lake. Kansas was happy that his mate had found Denali without any trouble, and even happier to see the child smiling and laughing. The Sadira grinned broadly to them both, nuzzling Savina as hungrily and affectionately as if they had been separated for weeks rather than mere hours. He moved back towards the house a little to give more room to them all, since he'd been sitting right in the center of the porch steps. Turquoise eyes fell to the raven woman as he wondered how she, they, would proceed. It was hard to guess the boy's reaction when neither of them knew much about his background and his blood parents. Kansas did not want Denali to perceive their offer as an attempt of control. He and Savina were both coming from a place of adoration for the agouti pup — it was simple.

Kansas was relieved when Savina spoke first. She was more sophisticated with words than he, so he trusted her to go about this the right way. Denali responded lightheartedly, seeming unaware of where this conversation was really headed. That's great, the pale wolf said, smiling genuinely. He didn't doubt the boy's answer at all, having seen him frolicking gladly many times before. It was a good that Savina ascertained his happiness first, anyway.

I — we — like having you here, Kansas added truthfully. He quieted, giving Savina free reign to continue. She was closest to the youngster — a mother to him, even.

<style type="text/css"> .kansas b {font-weight:bold; color:#8a2f48; letter-spacing:1px; } .kansas .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#244d6c; padding-top:300px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .kansas p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #2e628b} .kansas {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#3e89c3; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... nsas-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread