stay up too late
[html]
ooc;;

ic;;
She thanked him, which he had not been expecting. Her name was pretty, as was she, and Saul had just paid her a compliment. His words and vocabulary were less developed than most, because of his months alone. So when he gave her a compliment, he was showing considerable development on this front at least. He wasnt used to speaking, let alone be charming to another animal. Still, he allowed a painful smile to grace his lips, cheekbones protruding from his cheeks. His mask was becoming more pronounced, the pale brown streak on his nose leading gracefully up to the darker brown mask that emcompased most of the top of his head. He was developing into a nice young adult and his speech should reflect that. It did, most of the time. Luckily he got most of his speaking lessons before the seperation. He just sometimes needed to remember this. She teasingly berated him, to which he ducked his head and snorted.

"Sorry mis- sorry!"

It was a habit that would take a while to break he knew. A soft giggle escaped him, mortifying him in the process. He was supposed to be half grown at least, he should not be giggling. She saved him however, offering him two of the hares in her hands. He was tempted to eat one and give the other one back, but the scent of the rabbits slammed hard into his stomach. As she placed them on the floor he lunged, jaws sinking into the first rabbit with relish. He was so hungry that he cared very little for etiquette. It wasn't long before the first rabbit was butterflied down its middle- its insides open for him to eat. His mouth was stained ruby when the young woman (who neatly nibbled her rabbit) spoke once more. He paused, mouth full of liver, swallowed with difficulty and glance round.

"I... I lost them. I don't know where they are. Gideon is supposed to be here, but I havent seem him yet. I lost them..."

He repeated and for a moment he was sickened by his food. He had lost his brother and sister, his father as well. He failed as a big brother- he had been unable to protect them from the storm. Another grumble set him eating once more, picking the bones clean as he finished the first rabbit. He lay the bones in a neat pile beside him, ready for later. Emerald eyes gazed up at the black and white female before he flumped on the floor beside his next target. He ripped a large chunk of the rabbits fur off, chewing pensievly for a moment before he swallowed and looked up at her.

"Where are your family... Nayru?" He asked before tucking into his food again. His stomach began to feel less empty, energy seeping into his bones. He was grateful for this meal- he would not forget the hand that fed him.

word count;; 491

"speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread