You calm the storms
[html]
I don’t; yours is clearly more dorkalicious :o

His relationship with Nayru was a rather peculiar one, from the outside looking in. He did not have the same sort of platonic relations with her as he did with his siblings, aunt, or Conor. They were a part of his family, those who had accepted him because of his last name and bloodline. He had no doubt that his aunt would have accepted him into her heart whether or not he had carried the Stormbringer name, however, as she was a very kind and caring sort of wolf. He did consider Nayru to be close to him, but he couldn’t put a finger on what variety of closeness that was, exactly. She was a good friend, at the very least.

He had tried very hard not to think too much about her in the last weeks, though she often crept into his thoughts. He’d had a discussion with Conor a week or so earlier and the alpha had dredged up thoughts of the black and white wolf. Gideon had wanted to try and find her. But sometimes simply wanting things wasn’t enough to actually be able get them done. He was surprised by the amount of time that the pair of pups took up, and couldn’t imagine what he would have done if there had been more of them.

Probably the same thing that he was doing now…just…more of it. More play time, more nap time, hunting for more and more food as they grew, more being woken up in the middle of the night for silly little reasons. "Dunno. They were real little when I found them…as small as my hand" He said. "They were in a bag out in the woods." When he had lost his mother, he had been able to locate Dahlia on his own. These pups had needed a little help to find sanctuary.

One of the pups, the smaller female Melee, twitched a little in her sleep, paws moving a bit. Gideon watched her, a small grin forming. She was having a puppy-dream, it seemed. He wondered what she was doing in the dream. Chasing Range, perhaps. "It was about a moon ago..maybe a little more. I saw the wolf that dumped them, but didn’t get a really good look at her. She had a dark coat, and it was night time. I’ve been pretty busy with them since then...They get hungry every couple of hours. Or I would have come to find you. I didn’t realize you’d left at first. Was this place getting too crowded? What’s the place like that you picked instead?" As long as she hadn’t left because of something that he’d done or said, then it was fine with him. He missed seeing her around, but realized that she was a bit older..and definitely a lot more independent than he.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread