It's not what you know, it's who you know
[html]

wc: 285

In keeping with Martin family tradition, Theodoric had spent his late childhood and balky teenage months out in the Scottish countryside. (The city-dwelling family routinely sent their youth to their farm-dwelling relatives to “run the wild out of them”). Although during those months Theo had mostly tended sheep and chased wild ponies with his cousins, he had learned the basics of sowing and harvesting tilled earth. Therefore, the new Gatlvska recognized the scythe for what it was, and regarded the female who had been wielding it with an appropriate level of respect: while not incredibly heavy, the tool was certainly not light, and required a certain finesse to handle properly.

Theodoric nodded in agreement as the other AniWayan spoke. The season was growing late, and soon it would be too late to harvest anything, frost or no. “Yeah, I do,” he replied. “I’m fairly new to the pack and you might not have seen them yet; but I have two ponies, a stallion and a mare.” Unlike the majority of the pack who kept horses for riding, his ponies were pack animals trained to carry and pull. They were a handsome pair all the same, with matching dark dappled pelts and tawny manes. Theodoric liked horses, but was not much of a rider. He wondered, idly, if he ought to learn.

Theo had to chuckle when the female’s appaloosa appeared as if on cue, indignation in the lines of his body. “Well, we certainly wouldn’t want such a lovely beast to strain himself,” he joked in reply. “It’s a good thing I came along to help instead.” And while Theodoric was joking about the horse, he was serious in his offer to help.

<style type="text/css">
.teagleowl b {font-weight:bold; color:#C7BA9A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.teagleowl-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.teagleowl p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.teagleowl {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#4B4024; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... gleowl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F1A14; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E714D; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread