Over the Rainbow
[html]

364 .

The sound of the flute came first to her ears and like any trained warrior had it not been this to alert her it would have been something else. His scent. The crushing leaves underfoot. A twig snap. Or simply the rustle of his fur as legs carried him closer to her. It had been a long time since Nayru had been caught unaware and it would be a long time yet, for even if her skills with her weapon needed some fine tuning, she was, already at such a young age, an expert tracker and spy. And as such she knew how to detect others before they detected her; even when she was at ease and not on duty this would not leave her. So his arrival was not a surprise and she waited patiently for the male, who smelled strongly of the scent markings that generated the invisible boundary between pack land and neutral territory. When he did come upon her she appeared as she had before, putting on no prefaces, which she could if she wished, but instead was just Nayru, pensive and thoughtful that day.

Deeply the ivory and ebony fairy woman bowed her head, ruby eyes averting from his gaze in the most canine manner of respect. “Greeting sir, I am Nayru of Dahlia de Mai. I do not come seeking help, only I wish to know who has settled so closely to my own pack.” The musical tones rang sweet but soft, for Nayru never raised her voice above much more than a whisper. Her tone and posture were unassuming and thought polite, informal. It was true, neither Conor nor anyone else had sent her here, surely if Conor was concerned he would come on his own, but that would not keep Nayru from investigating herself. It was not that Conor did not have a hold on Dahlia de Mai, she revered his leadership more than she could express, it was only that the more shared knowledge between the members the better for all. So there was nothing stopping her from coming to learn,a nd reporting back to Conor and Bris with what she saw, smelt and heard.

<style type="text/css">
.nay b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nay .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:290px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8d1820; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/nayr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread