Frosty mornings
[html]
300+

I can teach you once you learn to shift,” she said, laughing as the pup jumped up and down in excitement. Her younger siblings had never really paid attention to her, let alone be impressed by her talents. The idea of a unicorn tamer in her old pack had been frowned upon. Horses were better in your stomach, her father, Theodore, had said. But Magic wasn’t just a useful mode of transportation for Pixie; he was also her esteemed colleague.

She cocked her head. “So Alder is one of Anu’s pups, and you’re one of Savina’s…” That didn’t make any sense. Had Silvano forgotten to mention Denali to her? “Silvano didn’t say anything about you when I asked about his family.” Denali didn’t really look like any of the Marino family, either. He didn’t even carry a trace of their foreign accent.

Pixie smiled as the boy wagged his tail. “Alright, I’ll tell you.” She sat down on the ground so that she was at eye level with Denali. “Before we came to Hogwarts, Magic and I were travelers. We lived south of here, and it was cold in the summer there, but not nearly as cold as it is here.” The wolf looked over at her unicorn and kept her eyes on him while speaking. “When we were riding up here, we skedaddled into a blizzard. It was freezing, and we were forced to find shelter in a sparse forest. I was hungry, really hunger, and I…I considered eating Magic. But I knew I couldn’t, that it wasn’t right, and so I reminded myself by slicing his name into my palm.” Slowly, she held out her right hand, exposing the crudely cut scar. Her eyes seemed to have lost some of their brightness, and she closed them, the memory of that cold day burned in her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiesnow2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#88878d}
.pixiesnow2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#625155}
.pixiesnow2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cfc0b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pixiesnow2 {margin:0 auto; width:476px; background-color:#121118; background-image:url(http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6396/pixietop2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread