Taking Stock
[html]

LOL I was just about to worry but I knew you had been sick and I didn’t want to pester you. (5 points)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Shawchert took her hand, the eternally mischievous pup that lived inside Orin suddenly wished she had enough weight to yank him off balance and pull him to the ground with her, but she always had to use all of her force to dislodge Niro’s footing, so a sturdy wolf like Shawchert had no worries about being pulled down by a little thing like her. Too bad. When she was back on her feet she dusted herself off and took stock. No injuries, just a little dust on the fur, which was nothing to complain about in Orin’s book. She grinned at Shawchert, letting her leader off the hook.

“No harm, no foul. I falll a lot. Sometimes I just figure the ground misses me and pay it a visit. But,” she prodded his chest with a finger, boring scolding yellow eyes into his blue. “What’s a fearless leader like you doing sneaking up on a little girl like me, anyway?” She giggled, but her inquiry was only a joke so she didn’t wait for a response.

Orin spun around, turning her back on Shawchert and consequently whapping his knees with her tail. She faced the muted interior of the shop and took in all that was there, from each crooked shelf to the crumbling dry-wall. A beat passed, and then she frowned.

“Damn, this isn’t what I was hoping for,” she huffed and propped her hands up on her hips. The shelves were full of soft goods, things that had once been for the home; mostly shapeless bits of cloth folded here or there, or falling off of a shelf, or littering the floor. There was a chest that was overflowing with the sad remains of once jubilant stuffed animals, things that resembled the wildlife that flourished in the lands surrounding the town now. In one corner lay a warped sign that read ‘bedroom’ with pillows that had long ago been chewed, the innards pilfered by vermin. “This won’t do at all, I don’t even have a place for any of this even if it was still good.” There probably were several items packed away that might be of use to the pack, but for now, Orin saw no need to continue scouring this place.

“’Scuse me!” she chirped at Shawchert as she turned back to him, wedging her body between him and the doorframe as she slipped back out onto the street.

“Hey, I have an idea,” she said casually as she walked away, as though she expected Shawchert to just follow her. “Why don’t you repay me for that little scare by lending me a hand?” If he accompanied her he would see the toothy grin on her face. She had an agenda, and she planned to get it done quickly – employing her fearless leader would certainly make that possible. “I’m looking for a book store, library, something like that. Or if not a whole store, maybe one that would have had a book section. Do you know of anyplace like that here?”

<style type="text/css">
.cake-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa0bd; letter-spacing:1px; }
.cake-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.cake-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.cake-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:317px; background-color:#f6f9f8; background-image:url(http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/972/souls40.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #8f4700; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6f8611; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread