Salt and Seafarers
[html]

ooc... Sorry about the delay in my reply! I picked up a ton of threads at once and didn't see this one go up in the mix (or maybe forgot about it). But it's in my post log now so I'll be quicker! 400+

It was no surprise that the Takekuro woman was wandering along this seemingly random portion of Dirty Mudbloods and Squibs beach. She had had a fantastic first few weeks with her new pack, Cercatori D’Arte, but despite the new friends she made and the family bond within the pack, she still missed her brother dearly, and so had made the trek back to the Court for a visit. Unfortunately she had been unable to find him, unsure of his favorite haunts now that they had grown apart a little, and so found herself meandering through the Court, trying to catch a recent whiff of her brother’s scent, or someone who could help her find him. Scenting him was mostly a lost cause for her, though, since she had never really learned to hone her sense of smell as other wolves do.

Her burnished eyes were cast out to the sight beyond, peering out at the rolling waves as they churned endlessly. Impressive swells formed off in the distance and then crashed near the shore in great plumes of sea foam. Yet with the wild and vivid imagination the girl had, she barely saw the ocean for the water. She was thinking of her first day in Nova Scotia, so many months ago, when she and Niro arrived by ship and paddled ashore in a small skiff. The weather was atrocious that day, yet still it was perfect in her memory. Out among the waves she thought she could make out a dark spot on the surf, as though she was watching the very boat that had taken her and her brother over the last bit of ocean they would sail on that harrowing journey. That is, until the sound of a voice brought her back to reality.

She turned and peered ahead of her. She had been strolling along the shore but hadn’t looked in front of her for probably half a mile, and what so long ago looked like a rock was now standing over the sand and sputtering. Surprise painted her face just moments before transforming into admiration. The little moving, sputtering rock was actually a little – well, little-big – pup! She couldn’t help but grin ear to ear as she walked toward the little man.

“Hey there little guy,” she chirped, joy in her voice. “What are you up to out here all alone?” She stepped to the pup’s side and crouched, it was obvious from her expression that she was slowly losing the battle against the urge to pick him up and squish him in a tight hug.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread