console me in my darkest hour
[html]

Before too long, Xeris could hear someone coming, and she was somewhat relieved to see that it was the Patriarch. She noted the look of concern when he laid his single eye upon her, and let out a shaky breath. She'd already had to explain to Jefferson about one fight, now there was another. Nonetheless, she looked back at him and spoke hoarsely. "Jefferson."

Naturally, he asked what had happened. Where to begin? The entirety of her tale was long and unpleasant, and she was not sure if either herself or her former pack leader wanted to hear all of it. "The de Heritage clan is gone. Dead. I am the only one left. It was a set-up. I was led back to my homeland not by a comrade of my father's, but by his enemy. I arrived in the middle of war." Her voice was solemn and monotone. This, she decided, was enough of a response for now. The details were too gruesome and uncomfortable for her to recall, especially here in the middle of the night as she was returning to her former pack. She quickly changed the subject. "Has Xion returned? I became suspicious and told her to come back without me." Xeris had felt sure that she could trust her daughter on her own, but only hoped that Xion knew the way back and could return without too much trouble.
She then, finally, got to the main point of what she wanted to say. "I would like to return to Phoenix Valley. This is the only home I have now."

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru b {font-weight:bold; color:#E8E8E8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread