The Fields Have Turned Brown
[html]

300+

It would have been no surprise to him that his reasons for leaving Crimson Dreams were mostly unknown to his former packmates. The only ones that he had told himself were Anu and Mati and he could not see his mother or sister spreading the news around the pack. It wasn't anything to be proud of and the fewer people knew the better. Haven had finally made as much of a peace with his past and his heritage as he could, but he preferred to leave all that nasty business behind him. The Aatte had become better than the sum of his parts. He would not let the crimes of his blood parents shape his future any longer.

Ehno's reaction to his blunt statement was expected and the mood between the two men darkened even further. Haven remained as stoic as he possibly could, though he knew when he began to actually repeat what had happened that his composure would fissure. Rape was on par with murder as far as the Knight was concerned and there could be few worse perpetrators than a brother. The Marino man asked him what, and he was quickly given his answer.

"A few months ago I went to visit Rio; the sister no one bothered to tell me I had," he added bitterly. Perhaps Naniko had lied and told Ehno that she had informed him, he would not have put that past her, but he still felt that he should have had some kind of contact with the man about the matter before now. "I found her beaten and bruised. She had just been raped. Raped by your son." Haven's face had turned into a severe frown, that familiar fire of anger burning in his jade eyes. As far as he was concerned, he no longer had any relation to Harlowe. If he ever saw the little slime he would attack him for the bastard he was. "I carried her back to Cour des Miracles, took her into my house. I had hoped that she would stay, but she left. I did what I could for her." His last words were not so much meant as a comfort to the other man as they were proof that he had done what he could, even if no one else in this miserable situation had.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread