Rembering the past...
[html]

(3 points)

“The pleasure is all mine,” she retorted with great exuberance as she gave Sankara’s hand a firm, friendly shake.

Her expression went blank for just a half second when the woman decided to finally show Orin the drawing. As she held up the paper Orin’s golden eyes shifted to peer at the piece, carefully examining the illustration. It was not what she expected to see at all, for any piece of paper in Orin’s possession would be hastily covered with inked letters; whatever sort that felt like coming out of her imagination at that moment (or whatever knowledge she was transcribing from an old book at the time). This was a different kind of storytelling altogether, and immediately it’s beauty struck Orin’s core.

At once, her countenance shifted from a look of meager interest to fascinated delight. Her ears perked and she reached out steadily as if to take the drawing from her pack mate, but she thought better of it at the last second and merely leaned in for a closer inspection of the art. That smile came back to her face, though the awe was still present in her eyes.

“Wow, Kara! That’s not what I expected at all. When I saw the paper I thought you might be a writer. All the other artists I’ve met have been doing their work on trees and rocks and dirt,” she flicked her eyes to the woman’s visage once, before looking back to the picture. “It’s really beautiful, I envy your talent. You did this just now, sitting here?” She seemed a little dubious. Where did she find a surface and a utensil proper enough to make the picture with? She did not realize the woman had stashed her other supplies. “That’s a beautiful pendant, too, where did you get it?”

“Your family? You have honored them. Do you plan to send it to them?” Her eyes skimmed over the image of the crescent and the wolves that played within. The picture was so endearing and sincere that it tugged at Orin’s heartstrings and brought a well of emotion to the fore. Though it ultimately made her happy, she felt a sudden unexpected longing for her brother, and even for the parents that she had so long ago lost.

<style type="text/css">
.orin_scroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:90px; color:#000000}
.orin_scroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:95px; color:#79341c}
.orin_scroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin_scroll {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/619/orinmid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread