Tell me a Story
[html]

ooc: I apologize because this reply kinda sucks, it is almost 4 AM and I have no idea why I'm still awake lol

It seemed that Tala at least understood that Xeris was not in favor of continuing to talk about the subject they had been discussing. The white female felt slightly awkward. Tala had bowed her head as if in respect; Xeris had no idea why anyone would show that much respect to her, for she wasn't even in a high-ranking position.

Then, Tala suggested that they go for a walk. Xeris nodded in response. "Walking sounds lovely. I haven't been to this part of the territory in a long time." She began walking in what she knew was the direction of the way out of the wooded area. If they continued far enough, they would reach the quarry. The last time Xeris had been there was more than a year ago. As she walked, and thought about Phoenix Valley and what Tala had said, she spoke up. "You are absolutely right about this place being a haven," she said. "Where I was born...it got to the point where I was no longer accepted there. But here, I am at home. The friendships and bonds I have made here are unlike any other." For a moment she considered asking Tala what sorts of things had happened in her past to make her wish for such a haven, but decided that if the grey wolfess had stayed out of Xeris' business, she would return the favor. "So many things I've found here. Friendship, love, happiness." Thinking of these things was enough to at least temporarily boost her emotions. She found herself feeling something vaguely resembling happiness, walking along casually and watching the flurries fall.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread