Tell me a Story
[html]

ooc: I made it so that some time passes and they get to the quarry, hope that's okay.

They continued to walk, leaves crunching beneath their paws as they trekked through the woods. They were getting closer to its edge now, and there would be a short stretch of open land before they arrived at the quarry. Xeris listened with interest to what Tala had to say. A life or death situation...she could relate to that. When she had been banished, she had to fend for herself, which was much easier said than done. For now, she simply nodded her head in response to Tala's words, preferring to leave the details alone.

She wondered if she had been a little overly dramatic with her talk of love and friendship and happiness, but after a moment of consideration she knew that she really did have those things. A tiny smile flickered across her face as Tala spoke again. "One day. Sometimes these things come when you least expect them."

Xeris was silent for a while, enjoying the peace and quiet of the land around them as the snowflakes continued to fall and the two females continued to travel north. As the time passed, Xeris could make out the rocky ledges of Woodview Quarry in the distance. A lot had happened here. She knew that it was here that Geneva had fallen, and thus was nervous about going there, but continued on anyway. As they neared the cliff edge, Xeris stopped and looked out over the horizon. "This is the quarry. I don't come here often. It's dangerous," she said simply. Her eyes fell upon the forests of the Dampwoods in the distance. "Those trees over there are the Dampwoods." She turned to Tala. "If you ever go there, be careful. Most of it is unclaimed territory, but it leads into Inferni borders. I learned that the hard way." There had been so much bloodshed around her recently, and Xeris wanted to prevent more. She was unsure if relations between Phoenix Valley and Inferni had changed in her absence, but would still always be wary of the coyote clan.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread