I believe in nothing
[html]

300+

As his mother reached down to give him a complimentary pat on the head, he straightened his posture and pushed his head into her hand, hoping for perhaps an ear scratch or to be picked up, but when none of that came, his red eyes turned back to Harlowe. He was terribly disappointed with the man’s reaction to him, in fact, the man would barely look at him at all. And when Scorpius did catch the yellow-green eyes of the one that he would later learn is his half-brother, the look in them did not encourage him any.

The pup deflated with a sigh as he watched his mother turn back to the others and continue whatever business she was conducting. Sure, the boy understood what was happening, something about a new pack, but that did not make the business end any more exciting. He had dreams of a pack, and of being a grown wolf and hunting with his people, the camaraderie and brotherhood that would be so tightly woven within the pack bonds... His tail began to drum on the ground at the thought. Still, adults had a way of making even the most exciting things tedious; ‘Stay in the den while I hunt. Stay with Aunt Sele. Don’t run off like that. Stay away from that porcupine. Stop chewing Juju’s ears.’

He turned back to Harlowe for comfort. This silent treatment just would not do. Straightening himself back up, he studied Harlowe for a second longer, “Hey! Hey, hey, hey!” He waited for Harlowe to look at him and then sprang into his lap. Tail wagging, he propped his forepaws on the man’s chest and grinned into his face. “We pack now? I’m Scorpius, but you can call me Scorpiusno, like momma does. You?” The pup stretched his neck out, trying to give Harlowe’s muzzle an affectionate bump with his nose.

<style>
.Scorpius_fiery00 p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.Scorpius_fiery00 b {color:#D80000; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
.Scorpius_fiery00-text {margin:20px 5px 20px 12px; padding:2px; width:420px; height:220px; overflow: auto; background-color:#391c20; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #000;}
.Scorpius_fiery00 {width:450px; height:317px; margin:0 auto; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Scorpius/Scorpius_fiery2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#FEA122; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread