when I smile, tell me some bad news
[html]

Anger would come later, as would denial and reasoning and bitterness. For now, all the mourning mother felt was the overwhelming grief consuming her heart, mind, and soul. She could not even bring herself to show her alpha the respect he deserved, but she could not feel bothered by this. She hardly knew the Soul man, but she hoped that he would understand why she did not behave in a manner that would have been expected in his presence normally. Lolita could not believe that he would think poorly of her for it, so she chose not to concern herself with that. There was too much else to be worried about Conor's opinion of her, though she was not one to care anyway. Being the alpha, however, meant something, so she normally would care.

His words hardly consoled her, but the creamy woman was so enveloped in her grief that she did not expect anything to ease her pain. She would never know her son or her fourth daughter, and though she had three healthy girls upstairs, she couldn't think of anything but her loss. She could not think of the joy she would find in her living children, only the despair she felt. "I will have nothing to tell them," she said softly. "I did not know them... Why did this happen?" she asked, jade eyes turning to Conor with obvious distress. She hardly expected an answer.

<style>
.lolita-city1 b {color:#C30303; font-weight:bold; }
.lolita-city1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.lolita-city1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444444; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#000000; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/lolita.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread