Friendship Offering
[html]

500+

Perhaps Nayati should expand on his own skillset. Back in the Great Tribe, there had been enough people that there was not much need for the various professions to overlap much. He had always just been the one who hunted and skinned the animals and then passed the hides on to the craftsmen for them to make use of them. As Niro spoke though it gave the Utina the idea to perhaps try his own hand at leather working, but first he would need someone to learn from. Nayati could be horribly useless at things if he wasn't given proper instruction. "If you can make a good waterskin I would think that adequate proof of your technical skill," he offered. It didn't matter to him if things were pretty so much as long as they were functional.

He was happy to hear that his new acquaintance got a good picture of AniWaya, Nayati was always happy to hear praise of his home. "You would be more than welcome to come visit sometime." He would be happy to show the man around himself. They were conducting a trade, and so for all intents and purposes Niro was now officially a friend of the AniWayans. "I suppose you are right. To my knowledge we have not had a problem with trespassers." He had met people on the edge of the lands before, but everyone had respected their borders and not crossed the fence without permission.

The Utina male listened with interest as Niro described his own pack, this Cour des Miracles. The words sounded odd to his ears, but likely the same could be said of AniWaya by outsiders. The most interesting fact by far though was that he was talking with the hunter of this pack. Nayati smiled widely, always glad to meet a fellow hunter. "Ah wonderful! I am not yet of the master rank, but I am working towards it. The eagle, does she help you with your hunting?" He knew that there were some of the hunters back in the Great Tribe that had used raptors to help with their hunts. Nayati had found the practice intriguing, but he was happy just relying on his own senses to track and take down prey.

As they came upon the stables of the pack, the tribesman stood in wonder for a moment. It was so large! Much larger than the stable back at AniWaya. Nayati soon collected himself again and walked behind Niro as he opened the doors and they were assaulted with the smell of horse and hay and also the loud screeching of another bird. Niro took the hawk out of its confinement and placed it on top of the cage as they walked back. Niro then was taking down his wares so Nayati unbound the pelts from Iye's back and carried them over to where the other man stood. "Here are all the skins, I hope they can be put to good use." He then looked over the items Niro had gathered and picked out one of each of the things offered. He didn't particularly have a use in mind for all of them, but even if he could not use them all, someone back in the tribe could.

<style type="text/css">
.titmousejay b {font-weight:bold; color:#122E72; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.titmousejay-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align:left; }
.titmousejay p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.titmousejay {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#9B9949; background-image:url(http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... iTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 390px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#000000; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread