Recycled Air
[html]

Not a problem! <3 And sorry this sucks. ><

Wc: 618

The girl was complacent enough in the confrontation at the border, which gave Ghita reason to settle the fur on her back, and allow a bit more politeness to seep into her tone. While she could be a stickler towards impolite intruders, knowing that this girl meant little harm was a relief. She could still fight, should the need arise, but it wasn't something she enjoyed all too much - and so her posture grew incrementally more relaxed as the seconds wore on, silence paving the path.

All the same, the patched fae didn't appear to be half-asleep in her near-intrusion. It was smart, even in this world, to be armed if you could use the weapon well, Ghita knowing full well that a young girl walking around on her own wasn't always the smartest thing. And she could respect the tension that was visible in her companion's being - it was a cover the mother wore as well. Having known wolves with blood-red eyes, the odd colouring did not alarm the timber fae - in fact, she would have thought very little of it, and the identity of the girl if her mention of Aro had not arisen.

Staring curiously at the book that was now offered to her, Ghita's heart was unable to prickle with pride at her son's ability to read. Ghita herself did not share that trait, but insisted that her children did, as it was a useful, if not mandatory, skill to have around her pack. Watching the girl take back the book due to their differing forms, she felt some relief at having avoided the awkwardness between them. But Nayru's smile was unnervingly sweet and gentle, an action which probably spared the girl from feeling the same wrath that Aro received on his return from Dahlia de Mai.

All the same, Ghita was not an idiot, and finally was able to place the scent that the ebony nose had picked up on the moment Nayru stepped into her territory. Flicking her ears in discomfort, Ghita's turquoises flashed quickly before the mother began to shift, using the time that the motion gave to think about how she would deliver this speech. She was a friend of Aro's, and therefore a friend of her's, but the conditions of their friendship had regrettably put both wolves in danger - something that Ghita could not accept.

Letting her body elongate and stretch before Nayru, her mane melted into a deep chestnut hue, cascading further down to create Ghita's hair that so distinguished her. The piercings she wore relocated across her face, silver glinting in the sun around them. Rising to two unsteady legs, the fae placed less weight on her injured right leg, even now the injury still plaguing her. But finally standing at her full height - only slightly taller than Nayru herself, Ghita's arms were unsure of what to do with themselves, finally resting on her bare hips. "I've heard a lot about you from my son." She stated, informing Nayru that she knew more than she let on. "While my son's actions were honorable, and as his friend I treat you as a friend of mine, you must know that your actions placed both yourself and my son in danger." Despite the ice etched into her tone, she let her ears flop and tail droop after she finished, muscles relaxing in a less hostile manner. "Despite that, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Ghita Marino." Extending her newly formed hand toward her, ivory fingers sought a handshake - an action that would mean peace - an end from the war Ghita had waged with herself and her fabrication of what Nayru would end up being.

<style>
.ghita-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ghita-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ghita-y38 b {color:#FFF2EC; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ghita-y38 {background-color:#F8BC80; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... atable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFF2EC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#592C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.ghita-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread