One Lost Meal
[html]
Bears most definetely can attack wolves, and kill them one-on-one relatively easy, too! And puxxled is not a word, I misspelled "puzzled", sorry XD

And welcome! I'll request you titled up and put you in our ranks. I'll title you as hunter, but if you would rather have warrior simply PM me and we can change it - both slots are open and free for you to choose Smile Hooray!

The Chief listened silently for the duration of her story, and remained silent for a short moment after she finished. She gave him no reason not to believe her, and though he had never heard of any such cruel placec, the cruelness of wolves never ceased to amaze him. He had heard other stories, and some things he had seen with his very eyes. He could never imagine what it would be like to grow up in such a pack, having experienced what he believed to be true justice throughout his upbringing and life in the Great Tribe. This, he strived to continue in his own tribe. As Mia continued speaking with stronger and stronger emotion, somewhere along the storyline Dawali was won. He still appeared unchanged, however. Eventually, she calmed, and he looked at her and spoke with a less intimidating voice, though his pose remained the same, though he did not comment on what she had just told. Clearly, what had happened to her was her own story, and Dawali had no right to partake in it. "You've come a long way, Mia. Perhaps I was wrong to greet you so roughly, but the season is unforgiving and we need all the food we can get." Moments passed before he continued, glancing now back into his territory, and back at the girl. "I will believe your story. If you want, you can stay with us," he offered. Such a young girl, alone through the winter? He would not have her death on his conscience, and not after hearing her story, either. She had endured enough, and Dawali believed firmly in hospitality and respect.

"Thank you, Belle is one of our best trained mares," he said, not really knowing if it was true, but from the different horses he had used, Belle seemed to be the one best accustomed to him. Liliana would know more, but she wasn't here right now, so it didn't matter at all. "I'm Dawali Amara - most just call me by Dawali." The Chief glanced at the dead elk which lay there for no one to eat. Mia needed it, no doubt. "Enjoy your meal, Mia. You can easily follow the scents to our village afterwards, where you can find me and I can show you around, if you want." He realized that throughout this whole ordeal, his tone of voice had been rather commanding, and was suddenly certain that it might very well be his paternal instinct. It was the tone of voice he would usually take with his unruly daughters - perhaps, for some reason, he had thought the same of this lost young girl. Smiling politely, Dawali swept his arm towards the elk as an invitation before signalling to Belle to move on; the rest of the border still waited for someone to patrol them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread