Christmas Den
[html]

Word count 300

He had to admit that when the female approached him, he was so deeply involved with his frantic digging that he found himself flying out of his skin. Davyn jumped back, landing rather awkwardly in the pile of dirt that he had already dug up. And to make matters worse, it seemed she was laughing. Now, he couldn't tell if she was laughing at him or at her less than graceful halt beside him, but he could only expect the worst.

Stuttering, he replied. "Certainly, milady, help would be greatly appreciated..." He noticed that she was out of breath, and had to ask, being the gentleman that he was. "Do you need a moment to rest, milady?" He brushed the soil away, leaving a fairly clean spot for her to sit, if she so wished. There would be no chance of him leaving the lady with no choice but to stand; that was horrendously rude, and against the teachings of his family.

The winter started to seep through his coat, as he was standing still, and Davyn shivered slightly. He turned back to his digging, going at it a little less frantically. "If you like, you could start digging about five or six feet from the other side of the tree. I'm trying to make the den to form around the tree, so that the roots create the roof..." His paws were beginning to ache, but there was no way he would stop before nightfall. The sooner he completed the den, Davyn knew, the sooner he could begin to focus on his studies of the Valley and its’ occupants. He had art to do, stories to tell, and not nearly enough time to collect the materials needed to complete his tasks. He shook his head, hard, refocusing on his digging.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread