I Am Always the One Who Calls
[html]
300 .

"So you are coming home?" The question hung in the air, like an accusation except that Nayru did not accuse. Her body was relaxed, her voice soft and her eyes void of any telling signs that Saluce's absence was upsetting. It was all in the words, not how she spoke them but simply what was spoken. And perhaps it was not her place. Her place had always been simply to serve Conor and the others, even those below her. She did not question their actions or motives for they did not question her's. She did not talk back to or disrespect anyone, formalities and pleasantries always padded her speech. And when she did question them she did it so delicately no one could say she was prying. No one could have said she was out of place. Perhaps the girl was out of place.

Yet so was Saluce, quite clearly. His place was in Dahlia de Mai. He hadn't alerted her of his departure and maybe he hadn't needed to. Maybe he had figured she would ask Conor, or she wouldn't ask at all. Yet she had trailed over frozen snow and through the Dampwoods only to end up here and now that she was she wasn't leaving without the reassurance she had come for. Which he failed to give. "I wanted to find you. And I did." She had yet to fail at anything she had set out to do just yet. She didn't think she would fail now either. Whispery voice found it's self again, and sweeter than even she could take, for perhaps she was doing it on purpose now (or had been all along), she spoke. "Does my presence really anger you so? " She smiled then. Snidely or sweetly it was hard to really tell.

table by kahilli
[/html]

Messages In This Thread