[AW] I Tried My Best
[html]
OOC: Heh, that's fine; we're all human. (Right?)

It was fortunate for Slade’s sanity that the female - who introduced herself as Valinta - didn’t wrap her arms around him, as he usually didn’t like being touched. He was by no means snobbish or conceited, but simply felt very awkward when someone else was grabbing him. Besides, he had just met Valinta, and he would have been scared to a degree if she had decided to take that course. There was no telling what would happen after that, but it would likely result in a bitten arm on Valinta’s part.

Slade realized he was mumbling, which he promptly stopped. He was making a fantastic first impression on Valinta. Wondering why he even cared what she thought of him and quickly figuring that it was because she was a packmate, he cleared his throat and introduced himself as asked. "My name’s Slade." Usually after saying that, he would ask the other who they were, and hopefully have them be the conversation starters. In this case, however, he already knew the name of the other wolf. Tilting his head slightly, he tried to think of some way to start chatting. He could start conversations with those he knew in a snap, but with those unfamiliar to him, it took a moment to think of a topic. He wasn’t about to get up and leave, passing up the opportunity to meet a packmate, but he wasn’t going to start rambling about how his days in the pack had been so far, either.

After his mind failed him, Slade turned to his imagination and let a question slip: "So, what talent do you have?" Immediately he regretted saying it, as the wording might make it seem as if he were saying Valinta had no talent. Inwardly screaming at himself for being stupid - and fortunately managing to keep it inward - he added, "Just a question. I mean, this is a pack about art."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread