Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 444

If Davyn's parents had ever told him and his siblings of how they had met, he could not recall. At this point it did not matter much, as they were both dead and long gone. Their love had been pure to the very end, and Davyn could only hope to share that same kind of love with someone, someday. He had only seen it in a few wolves' eyes, like Miss Stockholm. Her eyes had held the kindness that can only come from loving another so deeply that one would give up one's life to protect the other.

As Tala placed the pendant in his palm, he saw a look of utter confusion cross her face. He smiled gently, opening the clasp of the chain carefully, then moved to stand behind her. Davyn paused, slightly nervous at how she would react, then gently draped the chain across her neck, the pendant resting at the hollow of her throat. He closed the clasp, securing the chain, and returned to his seat beside her. "You look lovely, Tala. It suits your personality to wear the wisdom of an owl." He saw that her hands were bundled in her lap in an attempt to keep them warm, and had the urge to clasp her small paws within his own much larger ones, but held himself back.

Wonderful man...Her words echoed to him, bouncing through the now empty vestiges of his mind, all focus turned to her. He dipped his head. "Thank you for that. That is perhaps one of the kindest things I have heard for quite some time." Her smile made his heart race; her raspy voice, so lovely, made Davyn's breathing pick up just a bit, and he noticed once more how close they were. It would be so easy to reach his arm across her shoulders and draw her to him, and yet he still hesitated.

"Keeping you company, milady, is my pleasure." Davyn grinned, looking again across the lake, the sun now gracing the tree behind them with light and warmth. The birds that had tormented him had gone on with their business, no doubt feeling rather accomplished in their task of driving him away from their tree. He chuckled, giving the birds no vice. If not for them, he probably would have kept his distance from the female, scared to approach her and confront the feelings that swirled in his brain.

"If you don't mind me asking, since we seem to be on the track of playing twenty questions...what happened to your tail?" Davyn burned with curiosity, but did not want to offend the lovely femme if he could possibly avoid it.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread