quest for knowledge
[html]

wc: 284

"You're welcome," Skye said, grinning at Saul. He was a very good student, learning these things in a short amount of time, and he even got the 'ch' of 'church' right, right after she had told him about the uses of 't' and 'h' put together. He had the right mind for reading, so it was easier at the end of the day for him to say that it would be a lot easier knowing what a book was about and being able to read and perhaps gleam knowledge from the yellowed but valuable pages.

Suddenly, the question came - where did Skye learn to read? "Well," she said, "I wasn't born into my pack, as I think you know." Of course he did - he had met her when she was a loner! She laughed and moved on. "I was born in a cabin with my parents, in the Halcyon mountains. They were very smart; my mother and father both knew how to read, and taught me." She looked at the book in Saul's hands, remembering the days when her father or mother would pull out a nursery rhyme book, maybe, or a fairy tale, and sit Skye down on one of their laps and begin to read with her. Skye would trace over the words with her finger, trying to sound them out, exploring the world of the written language and trying to follow the words her parents were saying. It took a long time for Skye to get the hang of it, but she did, and she always loved passing on the skill to others, as it brought back those memories and helped someone else discover the wonders of reading.

<style type="text/css">
.skyebook2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:45px; padding-right:40px; color:#000000}
.skyebook2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 3px 1px 3px; margin:0px;}
.skyebook2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:50px; padding-right:50px; color:#79341c}
.skyebook2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skyebook2 {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-image:url(http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/800/skyemid2.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:repeat; padding: 1px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread