Faces painted in the sand
[html]

wc 444

Davyn loved to see the excitement that lit up Tala's eyes as she investigated the contents of the box. He could already see how much she loved history, and he could see where she could easily become an artist of any type. Her amber eyes held such a light to them, he couldn't help but see her eagerly drawing some small detail, careful to get everything about it just right.

The jewelry that adorned her body glinted in the sunlight, reminding him of the pendant and chain that still lay beside him. Slowly, ever so slowly, Davyn moved to put the pendant on the chain, and then fastened the chain securely around his neck. The chain was heavy, a comforting weight that pulled him a little bit closer to earth. Tala's company left him floating happily in the atmosphere, like he had sucked WAAAY too much helium. The thought made him laugh.

When her palm made contact with his cheek, his breath caught in his throat, and he turned his face into her palm, smelling her gentle scent. It was pure intoxication, and Davyn couldn't get enough of it. It was his personal drug, and he was fast becoming addicted. He raised his paw to meet hers, his eyes closing as he took in her words. "In all honestly, milady, the only woman whose heart I want to make flutter is yours." He could not lie to her; she had him, hook, line and sinker, straight down to the bottom of the lake of love.

"I had two younger sisters, both quite a bit younger than I was when they..." He paused, his throat tightening. "When they died. My father had told me to protect them and my mother while he held the raiders at bay. I watched through a crack in the wall, looking inside as Father confronted the leader of the raiders. They fought, and both died from their wounds, but while I was watching the battle, raiders came up behind us..." Davyn shook his head, unable to speak anymore. The shame of his family dying while he could do nothing still haunted him, and he hung his head.

Her hands were cold, so when he had regained control of his vocal chords, Davyn stood, offering his hand out to her. "You must be cold, Tala. I have a fire ready to be relit at the den. Would you like to come warm up? I have some tea..." His voice trailed off, hoping she wouldn't think that he would take advantage of her; that was truly the last thing on his mind, and he would never think of doing that to ANY woman.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread