Friends help you move [private]
[html]

Table by Jenny. As do I! !

Naniko had news to share that was equally heartwarming and exciting. Geneva could only half listen, still in shock that her dearest friend had returned. Although she no longer made Phoenix Valley her home, that did not mean that she was unwelcome there. And it seemed that Naniko shared the same sentiments, as she ushered Geneva into her pack’s newly claimed territory without the blink of an eyelash. They would not stand on border protocol and procedure; there was too much between the two women. Naniko was someone she loved and trusted almost more than anyone. For that reason, it did not even dawn on the gray scale lady to ask why she had not returned to the Valley pack. Naniko had had her own reasons, and that was enough for Geneva.

Following Naniko, she stuck close to the woman’s side. Their shoulders touched with each step they took, and Geneva was unwilling to be the first to break contact. That small physical contact was enough to convince her that this was truly happening, and so the shock began to wear off. She found her voice when they entered the mouth of the cave. ”Pripyat has not been silent since he learned to speak, and he is so remarkably perceptive and patient. I never thought that Jefferson and me would bring such a child into the world. I think he’s brilliant, but I might be biased.” Geneva laughed weakly. To her, Pripyat outshone every single star in the sky. He was the most remarkable thing about her life.

She glanced around this new pack territory. She had never dreamed of taking refuge below ground. But it was fitting and clever, the gray wolfess thought. Who would think to look for a pack of wolves in this sort of environment? This was a good, strategic move on Naniko’s part because her new home would be easy to defend. ”I like the sound of Scorpious. Perhaps one day we will meet each other’s children.” Geneva had been obsessed with keeping Pripyat out of harm’s way for as long as possible, and she couldn’t wait to meet Scorpious when her friend’s son was old enough. Geneva would gladly make the trip to see the D’Angelos again.

[/html]

WC 373

Messages In This Thread