La Saoire Na Mairbh
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.xeris b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeeee; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.xeris p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.xeris {width:400px;border:1px solid #9f9f9f;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /xeris.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#383838;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#9f9f9f;}
</style>

ooc: appropriate table is appropriate.

The cold, crisp air of January drifted through Xeris' nostrils as she walked through the land. She had heard Geneva's call, and suspected that there was to be a pack meeting. Thus, with Carwyn, who she had set out on a walk with, following behind her, the white wolfess set off in the direction of the howl. As they got closer, Xeris began to realize that they were nearing the Hill Of Graves, a place that had always made her feel a little uneasy. This was the first time she had been to the area since returning to the Valley, and after the events she had witnessed in her homeland, the eerie graveyard was even more unsettling to the scarred female.

Carefully she stepped between the worn headstones, as if stepping too hard on the ground would desecrate the dead beneath. Her golden eyes finally fell upon Geneva and Jefferson, and she led her son to them, sitting delicately on the dirt with crossed legs and Carwyn kneeling beside her. She gave the leaders a polite nod of respect.

Geneva began to explain the situation. Upon hearing the word "dead," Xeris turned her face toward the ground, thinking not only of the human remains here but of her family, her birth pack, so recently taken from her. Despite the subleader's words that this was a day of reconciliation, the white wolfess was still rather jarred.

The pack members were asked to share something they had lost. Xeris listened in polite silence to the words of Rendall and Pripyat--who had indeed grown quite a bit since she'd seen him last--and considered the things they had to say. There was a pause then, and Xeris bit her lip realizing she was the next to speak. She continued staring at the dirt in silence for a moment, before lifting her head up once again and speaking. "I was away from the Valley for a while," she began. "I returned to my homeland, only to find it in the middle of war. My parents, my former packmates...they are no longer in this world." She paused, inhaling deeply. "And my daughter has yet to return." Golden orbs scanned around the area, looking at her packmates' faces. "But I must remain strong. Even in such times of hardship...we will be strong." Xeris glanced at her son, who nodded in agreement; he, too, desperately missed his sister Xion.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread