Recycled Air
[html]

Okay, I'm back!

Wc: 557 SoSuWriMo

Despite the emotions that ran through the fae as she spoke with Nayru, as the interaction brought up some unresolved feelings and situations, the agouti fae felt tired, not of the girl that stood opposite her, but of holding onto the resentment and anger and worry that frankly, was being dragged out much longer than was sensible. Yes, it was a stressful situation for Ghita, but her son was a man now - she couldn't keep holding onto him in a stranglehold. Even if he wasn't officially in the adult ranks when the incident occurred, it was a blurry line that divided childhood and adulthood at this age, a line that she felt that Aro had finally crossed. He had shown bad judgement, perhaps, in going to Dahlia de Mai, but he didn't take an unnecessary risk, and had helped someone in need. Truth be told, he held a lot of the same traits that Ghita had admired in Jazper.

Letting out a sigh as Nayru's speech rocked her ears, the twin tents perked up at the boldness, but the mature part of Ghita accepted that this was something she needed to hear. Flicking them to the right, and then the left, as she waited for her companion to finish, Ghita puffed out her chest as her back straightened, cool defiance in her eyes. "Nayru, if you are assuming that my worry was solely based on your pack's history, you are quite wrong. I would have worried no matter what pack he entered under the same circumstance, although I cannot lie that your pack's reputation didn't encourage it. I am not as stupid to assume that your pack is a violent one, or your leader is unfair. If you regard the situation from my perspective, perhaps some light will be shed onto a mother's worry." Despite the blood running through her veins that screamed at her to not let this child speak to her in such a manner, Ghita held her emotions in check, not chastising her companion but reminding her as gently as her body allowed. Her posture was rigid and eyes slightly closed in offense, but her voice was kind.

It was a welcome change that brought the tension down, the one that Nayru offered to Ghita. The agouti girl had never visited Dahlia De Mai, and had never had a desire to in the past, but her wanderlust reared it's head at this point with the prospect of an adventure to a foreign location. Bowing her head slightly in thought, another sigh escaped her chest as if the bonds that held her to Crimson Dreams were concrete. "One way I would love to see your packlands. I would offer the same if you wish." Pausing for a moment, before accepting or declining the offer, Ghita turned her head back to see her territory, knowing all too well that she couldn't leave her pups at this time. "I will have to take you up on your offer another time - I recently had another litter of puppies and can't leave them for too long at this point. But I do wish to see your lands and meet the leader you speak so highly of." Offering a smile to Nayru, she wished that the friend of her son could also be a friend of sorts to her... eventually.

<style>
.ghita-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ghita-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ghita-y38 b {color:#FFF2EC; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ghita-y38 {background-color:#F8BC80; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... atable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFF2EC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#592C18; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.ghita-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread