Light up the night
[html]
600 words even! ;D

The haul that Gideon brought in for the feast was impressive, but Shiloh still smiled to herself when she could only imagine about how much her brothers consumed now. They were all adults, and growing boys that turned to men.. well.. they ate a lot more. Shiloh was glad to see that Gideon, who sat across from her at the fire, still had some manners to eating, and even copied her movement of skewering her meat and cooking it. Sure, they were wolves, but there was no need to be savage about things when you had thumbs and two legs. Secretly, though, she was sure all of her brothers had silently agreed to be on their best behavior when their sister, the princess, was around. Still, she loved their adventurous spirit, or even when they rolled in the mud... as long as she was clean and out of the way. Them preventing her from getting dirty made her love them all the more.

'I think Bris is pretty tired, and I think Conor's with her,' her cream-colored ears heard her brother say. That's right, how could she have forgotten about Bris giving birth? They all lived in the same house together, but Shi felt the house was too crowded indeed, and so she gave her aunt and Conor space. Though she was wanting to see her aunt since her return, Shiloh knew that her puppies were of the utmost importance, and plus Bris needed all that recovery time from being uber pregnant. Shiloh wasn't sure how her aunt did it, or any female for that matter... and plus, all that.. gross stuff that came with birth. The young damsel shivered, not wanting to even think about it now. It would be some time before she'd decide about being motherly.

The Dawnbringer female listened to her other brothers mention moving out, or building houses. Her cerulean eyes widened a bit, another realization of them growing up and moving apart. The cream and white colored female didn't want to see them leave, not yet anyways. She'd deal with the crowded house if it meant that she could spend time with her family once again.. they had months to make up, but they all had their own lives to begin building. A small smile crossed her perfectly-white face, the fire glowing against her snow-colored fur. "I'll help only because it's for my dear brother," she said sweetly, then added: "I won't get any splinters, will I?" Shiloh was being sincere, and perhaps her brothers thought it funny that if anything was to endanger her cleanliness, no matter who it was, she probably would watch some the sidelines.

Her own food was nice and cooked by now, and she gingerly stuck the skewered meat into her mouth. It was far less messy to do it in that manner than to get the black, charred remains on her delicate fingers. She chewed silently, more engrossed in her thoughts than anything, looking at each of her brothers in turn with blue eyes that sparkled in the firelight. Then she heard Gideon mention a name, one she wasn't familiar with, and one ear flicked in his directions, her cream-colored locks swaying on her head with the movement. "Who is Nayru, Giddy?" A small, somewhat-knowing smile crossed her features, looking at him teasingly. He quickly jumped onto the subject of gifts, though, and wondered if her question would ever be answered about this person. "You know, I don't think you've ever stopped eating to do something else, dear brother. Maybe you've all changed more than I had thought."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread