Fireflies in the sky
[html]

Weird post, sorry! <3 WC: 504

The handsome man came into full view, and Sage greeted him with a happy smile. His voice came out quickly in response to her greeting, his tone friendly.

"Hello, Miss." he spoke, simply.

The earth child lifted one petite hand again, waving another small greeting to him, returning his friendliness. She did enjoy hearing this honorific given to her; she hadn't been old enough to be called Miss for long, and smiled gratefully at his polite behavior.

"Uhh..I guess so. I was getting a little hungry, but I didn't bring any food with me. I'm from the pack back behind me...Dahlia de Mai. I'm Gideon. What's your name?" he responded to her simple question.

"If you like, I'm sure we could find something you could eat around here." she glanced around airily, halfheartedly, her yellow eyes half-closed in the haze of her high.

She didn't mind hunting, and in fact it's how she had obtained most of the skins she owned, and several that she wore. Others had come from already-dead animals whose carcasses she didn't mind using to her advantage. Of course, she always provided their remains with a proper burial.

"I am called Sage River Lykoi, Gideon. I live in Inferni." she responded in her sing-song voice, with a genuine smile. "I've never been to Dahlia de Mai, but I don't think it would be very wise, would it?" she gave a small laugh, trying to make light of the packs' shaky peace.

It was good that this wolf was friendly; she was unsure how well other members of Dahlia might react to an Inferni coyote. Her ears flicked back briefly, thinking of such confrontation. That was something she certainly hoped to avoid.

"I don't meet many strangers in these woods, 'specially pretty girls like you." he added, seeming immediately embarassed by his words.

Sage gave a small giggle and glanced at him sideways, her yellow eyes fixed curiously on his vibrant green ones. She got compliments on her looks fairly often, it was true, but rarely from men. Her praise had mostly come from her sisters and other relatives. Sage's packmates in Juniper Peace had also been quite complimentary.

"Gideon, you're very kind." she said in her dreamy voice, gently placing her palm on his shoulder. "I don't meet many handsome men like you, either." she added, her tone quiet, friendly, and flirty. She fell silent, eying the young man as she took another puff of the joint still smoldering between her fingers.

Already she enjoyed his boylike charm. It had been some time since she'd interacted with boys closer to her age; recently it had mostly been girls, and older men. Not that she minded, either way, but there was a certain appeal to his innocence that appealed greatly to the Lykoi girl.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread