Secrets I haven't told...
[html]
+433 ..
Behave, Sky. -slaps character--

Sky was delighted that he didn't move away when she started brushing his hair, and behind him, her smile grew a bit. But then, as she was about half done, he jerked up and stood, and she herself jerked back, holding back a yelp, and holding the brush to her chest rather nervously. His voice sounded again, and she calmed down, smiling brightly. With a nod, she moved away from behind the couch and replied. "No need to help get them in. I've got them stacked near the chimney in the den." Which was where the fireplace had been. Girl led the way into the other room, thoughts bombarding her as she fell silent.

It's nice of him to help out, even if it meant coming out in a winter rain storm. She glanced out the window as she walked past, frowning at the rain hitting the glass. I wonder if we'll get a chance to just spend time like this- Her mind faltered and as she entered the den, she waved over to the bricks. No, he's just helping you out with a chore. He's a pack leader. It's part of his job to make sure his pack is safe and warm from the cold winters here. There's nothing more to it. Stop dreaming. She let out a tiny sigh and forced a smile, despite her self-cruel thoughts.

"I grabbed as many as I could, and there's some in the crawl space beneath the back of the house. I guess this might take a day or two to finish, so if we need more, we can wait until the rain goes away to get them." Another glance at the window, and another frown. "Ugh. I hate the rain... make's my knees hurt when it's cold like this." Not that they bothered her very much. The occasional sore joint, she was used to. Being a hybrid, it came naturally, especially in bad weather conditions. I wonder if there's a storm coming... I'm not fond of lightning or thunder... I might escape to the hunting lounge if so, just to be nearer the pack.

"I don't have any putty or anything mixed up, but I think I might have a bag of powder somewhere in the study. Want me to go check?" Back to the task at hand, and away from her own self pity. No matter how tempting it was to ignore the project and just spend some time with him, the task had to be finished. No doubt he had better things to do than hang out with his little hybrid packmate.

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread