Hey kid, the whole house is shakin'
[html]<style type="text/css">
#fia01 { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/fia/tablehead01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 260px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #fefee2; font-family: "times new roman"; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#fia01 h1 { color: #fff; font-size: 18px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold; margin-right: 15px; }
#fia01 p { margin: 5px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#fia01 .ooc { color: #525243; font-style: italic; }
#fia01 .speak { color: #ffad0e; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

It's all right, dear, not the easiest name ever. Tongue SSWM: 298.

Naniko's own son?! Dear God. Of course he seemed special, then. The pup seemed to accept her without question - or, without too many questions, anyhow. There were a good few of them, but they weren't critical. The little guy was too young to be as hypocritical and judgmental as others could be. She smiled at him gently and began to answer his questions. "The burnt lands are terrible. I do not know what happened there, but they are not a good place for anyone. The lands I come from are nice, though. Not burnt at all." She laughed and remembered home briefly, before her jaw tightened and her mind rebelled. 'Not home,' she reminded herself. 'That's not home anymore.'

And it wasn't. Fiachra had made a decision when she left home, and she wasn't one to go back on her promises, even ones to herself. She swore to herself, after what happened to her, that she could never return to where she had come from, for it would break her parents' hearts to see her the way that she was now, so changed, so broken. And it might break her own heart for them to try to heal her, try to fix her, to bandage the wounds left so deep from so much agony, so much hatred. They could not fix her. They could do no good, and she could do only harm unto them. And of course, she had something good going here. She wanted to stay.

The next set of questions came easily in terms of answers. Her own name, for instance. "I'm Fiachra Gervase," she answered comfortably. "However, you may call me Fia." Then she added, "I just carved a table and a stool," she replied. Would you like to see them?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread