A Needed Distraction
[html]

SoSuWriMo 445

As Nian addressed the Spirit Guide, one of her large, grayish blue eyes opened and looked at the warmly hued wolf. Onawa was not a pompous creature and had grown accustomed to the canines here not treating her exactly in the same manner that she had been used to back in the Great Tribe, so when one actually addressed her, she was quite impressed. Her elegant head rose up and now both eyes were opened and focused on the male. "Apology accepted." Her voice had a timeless and ethereal quality to it. "If Nayati appears somewhat off, do not pay it any mind. His thoughts are running faster than his reason right now." The Gadui Kanati shot the Spirit puma an annoyed look, but she merely grinned and returned to her previous position, eyes closing once again. She just loved to tease him when he got into one of his ruts and it of course only served to work the man up further. He did not wish to make his new acquaintance uncomfortable (or more uncomfortable) so he worked hard to keep his cool composure.

All negative thoughts seemed to fly away from him though as the other AniWayan introduced himself and gave his profession. Nayati's father was a scout in the Great Tribe, and so he had a great fondness and appreciation for the profession. "Yes, I suppose you would be answering to me. You're in luck, I actually know quite a bit about scouting. It is the profession path my father has. I am glad to know that you are around then, Nian, and I will be willing to help you in whatever way I can." As long as Nayati had been here, he did not think they had had a scout. It would be extremely helpful, both to him as a hunter and to AniWaya as a whole, to finally have someone watching the lands. Even though he was of a Master rank now, the Utina man did not want his fellow tribesmembers to be intimidated by him or to try and treat him differently. He had not taken the post for praises after all, but to help his tribe.

As Nian held the board up, Nayati looked at it with curiosity. He had never seen anything quite like it. When it was revealed that the other man was looking for someone to play a game with, he saw the perfect opportunity to distract himself and to get to know his fellow AniWayan better. "Well, I do not think I know the game, but I would be interested to learn it and to play with you," he said with a friendly smile.

<style type="text/css">
.jay-feather b {font-weight:bold; color:#11377B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.jay-feather-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.jay-feather p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jay-feather {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b4a196; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #88502f; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread