Keep Swinging
[html]
410 .

Melee was first to respond to her call, and Nayru smiled warmly as the girl bounded into the room her and Range occupied. "Melee! Look what your brother has brought home!" The sister seemed proud and pleased with her brother, and Nayru nudged Range encouragingly, hoping that Melee's warmth would help to dispel some of the insecurities and discomfort that lingered after the hunt. Perhaps she had been too serious with the boy, perhaps he was too young to really understand the cycle of the food chain. One had to take a life in order to maintain a life in order to create more life. That was just the way the world worked, but Nayru remember how hard it had been for her to become part of that cycle. To embrace and practice hunting. Now it was second nature. As a predator Range, and Melee too, would come to accept it, but Nayru did not want to push them before they were ready.

Gideon appeared then, sleepy and frowning. Nayru moved over to her friend and nudge him in nearly the same manner she had Range. There was no room for unhappiness in this house, and Nayru was going to make sure both the boy and the man knew this. "Gideon, Range and I went hunting today." Crimson eyes went back to Range as he explained the rabbit to his father and sister. The girl frowned a bit when the boy said the rabbit was dead, she knew he was still trying to process his feelings internally. Yet she also resisted the urge to laugh, just a little. Of course the rabbit was dead, how else would they eat it?

The woman settled herself into a sitting position on the ground, so that she would be more level with Range and Melee. Her eyes caught Gideon's, then moved to Range, sure that her friend could see the unhappiness that lingered about Range. How to deal with such an incident was up to the boy's father, and Nayru hoped she wasn't stepping over any boundaries as she spoke. "Range, did you know a rabbit was the first kill I ever made also? I was almost too scared to do it, but now I help hunt for the whole pack, so I can help feed everyone I love. Just like Gideon and Melee will surely enjoy this rabbit. " She smiled hesitantly, hoping the boy saw the logic in such a statement.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread