Shadows in the Night
sswm: 320[html]

There was no doubt in the youth's mind that he was safe now that Jazper was here. Uncle Jazper was big, bigger than whatever nasty thing that had been chasing him. Surely he was, and he would scare away whatever big nasty wolf it was that had been after a nice puppy snack. But with such relief came the flood of held back tears and sobs. "Is he gone? Gone for good?" He was still nervous that the beast might still lurk out in the shadows. Though he did his best, and fail miserably, to hide the streaking tears and the sniffles they caused. The sobs and shaking had quickly subsided. If he only had fingers he could dash away the last of his tears, but as it were he was unable to stop them from rolling down his cheeks.

His legs felt wobbly under him as Jazper picked him up and placed him on his feet. Cypress looked up at the far larger male, his blue eyes filled with awe for the male he saw only as rescuer in this whole mess. Blissfully blind to what a twisted little tale it was and it was for the best. Still at the mention of his mother, Cypress couldn't help but feel that some how he had failed her. This was all his fault, had he not been out so late he would have been safe in the manor long before darkness had fallen over the land. "Jazper, will momma be angry with me? I..I didn't mean to be out so late..," he started to explain. "I didn't mean to." Oh he was not looking forward to momma learning of this tale, or his brothers. "You won't..tell Oak and Alder I cried? Will you? Please don't." He had been walking along rather steadily but at the request he had to stop, looking up with great big, pleading puppy eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.cypnov02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#739f48; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #aca089; }
.cypnov02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#87795e; text-align:left;}
.cypnov02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.cypnov02 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#d7d0c3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... snov02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#87795e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.cypnov02-border1 {width:462px; border:1px solid #525252; margin:0 auto;}
.cypnov02-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #e3ddd1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread