Don't read too much into it
[html]

887 words. Oh god, Mala and "fermented berry juice"... baaad idea. -rolls with laughter-

Her cream muzzle contorted into a smile when she heard Orin talk about hard work. She was sure the white female was trying to comfort her about her drooling habit, but still Mala wondered why she did moreso than other wolves. Hers was thick, and slimy, and she'd always get poked fun of that by the tribe's pups. Humor glittered in her eyes when she remembered chasing them around with globs of it hanging from her lips, threatening to 'bathe' them. Quickly she shook her large head, she couldn't be thinking about them anymore, Malachi could no longer return home.

The big creature's nose wrinkled when the pink haired female mentioned the skunk again, and her nostrils flared quite loudly, taking in all the scents of the bookstore. Other than the light scents of the invading black and white creature, there was dust, of course. And then the smell of old pages and books, and of an old fireplace with ashes that have long since been burned. Rounded ears caught the sounds of laughter from Orin at the shaggy female's joke, and smiled humorously again. Her own rounded stomach began to bubble with laughter, too, but not as hard or as long as Orin's when it was emitted.

Honey colored eyes watched Orin's form as it disappeared for a moment, though she kept on commenting about fire making materials. But as the white female arrived, she cocked an eyebrow at the bottle in her hands. However, the moment it was corked at the sweet smell wafted to Malachi's nose, she was on her feet. Large black nose had a life all its own when she shuffled towards the counter and to Orin, and rolled her body back to shift her weight onto her feet, into her 'Luperci' form. Her upper body leaned somewhat heavily on the counter, as Malachi leaned her head forward to sniff at the liquid. "What.. is that?" She asked with an intense curiosity, salmon tongue sneaking out to lick her lips. It smelled like berries, and boy did Malachi love those. It nearly made her wish spring would come sooner.

However, she was sure her massive body would crush the counter, and so she backed up with a small 'Hnnngg' noise and carefully put herself back down on all fours. The floorboards squeaked in retaliation, and Mala looked down at her paws for a moment, feeling somewhat guilty. "Sorry, that was out of place. But I just follow my nose wherever it goes!" Mala looked back up at Orin sitting on the counter, smiling apologetically. "If you'll invite me, I'd love to have some," she said in a manner that would have pleased her mother. The large chocolate and cream furred female listened intently as the conversation was driven back to fire making, and nearly beamed at the bookkeeper for taking interest. "I'd love to show you, if I had the materials. I might be a little rusty.." She admitted in a smaller tone of voice, drifting from just the edge of her lips, as if someone else might have heard.

The beast wasn't at all surprised that Orin hadn't heard of her own native tongue. Why would she? Even if Malachi's tribe wrote a book and passed it on to the lands, she didn't think they would have mentioned the language. "It's very old," the shaggy creature told her. And then, a softer and somewhat sadder tone was evident in her voice. "I.. I didn't think anyone here would know it." Ears were pressed back on her gigantic head for a moment, Mala was never able to hide her emotions - they were as plain as day. Her expression lit up as she heard the Mi'kmaq sound for 'friend', though a little rough, was better than the last attempt. "Yes, you got it!" She spurted. What surprised her even more, though, was when Orin jumped at Mala's own offer to teach her the words of an old and nearly dying language. "R-really? You want to?" She spoke in an incredulous voice, as if she wasn't believing for a moment that someone was yearning to learn, out of all the other languages, her own.

Mala rolled back down onto the ground in a sitting position, glancing up at the female. One claw reached our to scratch at her protruding belly, where winter fat was being stored despite her still being awake in the cold season. Her eyes were cast near the ceiling, now, as if thinking of what words to pick. Mala wasn't exactly sure how to teach someone a new language, especially when it came to natural to her.

"Hnnnnggg.." She mumbled that peculiar sound, without even knowing about it. Licking her lips again, as if she had come to a decision, Mala looked into the golden eyes of the female. "Pjila'si," she said then, nodding and smiling. "It means 'welcome', or to invite someone in to sit down. That's appropriate when you run your store, right?" She questioned, though wasn't expecting an answer. Clearing her throat, she said it again. "êp-chi-laa-si" Mala said, as she cut herself short with the first syllable, then dragged out the 'laa' and let it flow into the last syllable. Beginning to scratch at her belly again, she waited for Orin to give it a try.

<style type="text/css">
.malachisnowbear b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a4558; letter-spacing:1px; }
.malachisnowbear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.malachisnowbear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.malachisnowbear {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#93b5e9; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Malachi_winter.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545861; border-bottom-style: hidden; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#eeefff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #9c9da2;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread