In search of friends and firelight
[html]

wc: 304

“Yea, Theo’s fine.” Although Theodoric always introduced himself by his full name, most of his friends shortened his moniker to ‘Theo’. New acquaintances rarely took the liberty, but he didn’t mind. Much better the familiarity than the awkwardness of using a bulky name. Besides, the memory of his weaving master shouting at him using his whole name, first and last, was never too far away. Those were days long gone now and half a world away. He thought about home, now and then, but missed only a few faces out of the dozens he had known.

He chuckled softly at the notion of himself as one of AniWaya’s animal keepers. Theodoric liked horses, but had very limited experience with them. “Elan Soquili,” he supplied helpfully, stumbling badly over the words as he said them. “You’ll get used to th’ names in time. I’m still learnin’ some of them, m’self.” He had learned the rankings of the people he had met, but there were some currently empty positions that were unknown to him. Just as well, because the foreign names were hard for him to memorize.

“Liliana’s th’ horse keeper, not me. I have a couple o’ ponies though, n’ I try to look after ‘em when I can.” Theodoric was warming up to the conversation with alacrity. It was pleasant to find another talkative soul – so many times, he felt like he had to drag conversations forward. Chatting with Nian was a refreshing change. “I’m a Gatlvska. That is, a craftsman – I’m a weaver by trade.”

“Say, if yeh’ are still lookin’ for a place to stay, mebbe I can help yeh’ look?” After all, he didn’t have anything special planned for the rest of the day. “I think I still remember which huts’re empty, since I was lookin’ m’self not too long ago.”

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread