Somewhere Out There
[html]

SSWM : 375

Maybe Lad. It was all Noah could offer the boy and Pripyat felt that the man was holding back. Holding out. The creature before him certainly had more years on the young boy, and with those years came life experience. Although he did not say it outright, Pripyat felt that Noah was not in agreement with him. That maybe bad things just happened, and there was no stopping them. Maybe there was no reason or rhyme or anything that could be explained with words and one just had to do the best they could in a world where evil could and would hurt the innocent. That Noah did not say any of this did keep Pripyat from feeling it, and suddenly he felt very foolish for thinking he could change anything.

And then Noah answered the next question and Pripyat’s hopes fell further. Tried. Tried once. Tried once and failed and nope I have never saved nobody and nobody’s gonna save me and what has this world come to anyway? Noah did not say as much, again, but the boy filled in the blanks for himself. The inner monologue that accompanied Pripyat’s thoughts surely did not aligned to Noah’s real ideas, but they were the closest Pripyat could come to, watching the hardened male’s face as he tried to answer the boy without hurting the boy. It hurt anyway.

“Well… I don’t want to be a hero.” And he didn’t. Pripyat didn’t want to be anything more than what he already was, he just wanted to put his being to use. What good did he do now, hanging around the ranch and shadowing the adults of Phoenix Valley as they lived their lives? What good did it do to just sit on the shorelines, day dreaming about going someplace else? “I just want to do good, I just want to help people.” That wasn’t a hero, that was just what anyone and everyone should want. “I just want there to be more good in this world than bad…” Was that really too much to ask? His ocean eyes seemed intense then, more receptive as he watched Noah’s face, waiting for the next installment of words that Noah didn’t ever speak but that Pripyat heard anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.Pripyat_road1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#42536f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Pripyat_road1 .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#45607d; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Pripyat_road1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Pripyat_road1 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#E5DE9A; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Pripyat_road.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 275px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a4a3a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Pripyat_road1 {width:450px; border:0px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread