Alpha Negative
[html]

757 .

The woman’s voice was sharp and stern, but her words were not unwelcoming or unkind. They were merely matter of fact and Nayru nodded when the woman told her not to apologize. Of course, in any similar situation Nayru would apologize to a stranger, but she made a mental note not to bother this woman with such formalities. There was no room for them it seemed and it was all the same to Nayru, who often just acted with such social graces because she found one really did catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar. And although the request for no further apologies was fulfilled, Nayru did not make any movements or motions that could be thought of as disrespectful. Patiently she sat there, watching the pure white woman come fully awake and comprehend the situation and black and white stranger she was presented with.

Naniko. The woman finally gave a name, but it was one that Nayru had no knowledge of. At least the first name was nothing to her, but D’Angelo sounded familiar. That was the name Harlowe had given her, and although Larkspur had only told her his first name, she associated the family name with him too. Nayru was without a family name, which was just as well, as she assumed that no one in these parts would know of her family. They must not have spanned very far back, for her mother and father had never talked of other relatives, but it was so long ago Nayru suppose she might have just forgotten them. “There was a Harlowe D’Angelo in Dahlia de Mai, perhaps you know of him?”

Nayru did not say that she had followed his trail here to discover the whereabouts of him or Larkspur. She also did not say that she knew Larkspur. Or that all the packs Naniko listed meant nothing to Nayru, who had never known any of them aside from Crimson Dreams. The girl only ever said what seemed relevant and right at the time, and it never seemed proper to reveal more information that was necessary. Still, she hid nothing, for she had nothing to hide. There had been nothing between her or Harlowe and Dahlia de Mai had nothing to do with them anymore. It was only Nayru’s own curiosity that had led her here, but it was her reservation that kept this motive from anyone who might have wondered.

The woman asked of Dahlia, and Nayru smiled, glad enough to answer a question. Her soft voice was steady, and her eyes tried to read what Naniko thought of the news Nayru delivered. “Dahlia is well. You speak of times before I belonged there, and I have lived there for seven months now. Whatever warring went on between Dahlia de Mai and the coyotes has been laid to rest.” Yet Nayru was always amazed at how vividly others remembered this, and nothing else, of her pack. It was true there had been two wars, Nayru had dug deeply into the history of the pack and learned much of the events that occurred before she came to live there. Still, the wars were over and it seemed as long as Conor regained there was little to no reason for such unpleasantness to surface again.

The weariness others held against Dahlia, or the suspicions or the poor reputation, clung to the pack. Never had Nayru engaged in such activities, but wherever she went and announced she was from Dahlia de Mai she felt the biases of memories that wouldn’t quite die. It was best to tell them that Dahlia de Mai only knew peace now, and to ignore the rest. Slowly they would see, they would see that Dahlia de Mai was just as any other pack now, and they could quit worrying over the flowered lands and its inhabitants. It was with this belief Nayru said no more, but rose as Naniko did, taking her cues from the female, eager to turn her attention away from talk of Dahlia and onto Anathema.

“I would love to see however much of Anathema you are willing to show me.” she smiled pleasantly, aware now that she was shifted and the other was now and wondering if perhaps for the run she should be one four legs as opposed to two, but saying nothing of it until Naniko made her next move. “I’m hardly tired from my journey, I did not rush here.” There had been no reason to rush, there rarely was any reason to rush.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread