Piercing
[html]

All facts below are true. Big Grin

Sky perked her ears as he smirked suddenly, and she watched him produce a rather interesting trinket. A fluted needle, made of wolf's bone, dyed red. She suddenly became very interested, carefully taking it from him and examining it. The thing was too rough to pierce properly with, no matter how smooth it looked; it was why most needles were made with metal, and not bone. Those tiny microscopic splinters would always be there, and metal needles didn't have nearly as many. Use it? No, but she'd take it as a keepsake anyway.

"Fair price. Come along, now. Let's get this done." She smiled up at him and tucked the needle safely into her pouch, where she'd keep it until she got home. Back home, she had a nice case she could use for it, to show it off but not risk damaging it. "I won't end up using it for anything piercing-related. Even sanatized, it'll still be bad for skin. All needles, you see, have splinters on them from being shaped. You can never see them, but they're there."

She spoke matter-of-factly as they headed for a nearby stone bench, once used for a trolly stop. "The needles I use are surgical steel. They're crafted with heat, and then dipped in a solution of acid to get rid of as many splinters as possible." Sitting down, she brought the bag to her lap, pulled out his bone needle again, and then one of her own. The difference was actually noticable. The tiny silver needle was sharp, very sharp, and very much smoother than the bone one, even with all the effort put into making such a nice trinket.

"If I used this, or maybe a sewing needle, then I'd be ripping at more skin than needed, and it would risk breaking blood vessals, thus causing bruising, and in extreme cases, internal bleeding and a nasty bacterial infections." Girl noted that she'd gone off on a nerdy little rant, and sighed, shaking her head. "I'll take it as payment though, since it is very well crafted, and one of a kind." She tucked it away again and snapped the metal needle in half, bending over to shove it deep into the dirt, where it wouldn't be stepped on.

"Right, lemme get my gloves on, and we can start. Worry not, everything's cleaned already. I have my solutions with me too, as well as a bit of wax for where it'll be done." She pulled on some gloves, black rubber, and then pulled out, of all things, shaving wax. "Even if it's the ear, hair getting into a new piercing can be both painful, irritating and very risky for bacteria." She got some out, a tiny little bit, and signaled for him to lean closer to her, her bag and stuff covered once again on her lap. "It doesn't hurt. I do it for my own piercings."

Indeed, her eyebrow still had a tiny patch without fur, where she'd pierced it the other day. Two piercings on that left brow gave her a cross-bones effect, both in sterling silver spike-studs. If one looked closely, her tongue was pierced too, with a canadian flag-oriented ball on either end. She'd done it all herself, even the large gauges in the tips of her ears. She really was impressive with a needle.

<style>
.sky-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sky-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sky-z29 b {color:#3A1607; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky-z29 {background-color:#E9CB53; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skygift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#523309; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.sky-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread