Alpha Negative
[html]<style type="text/css">
#nani01b { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/naniko01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#nani01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#nani01b .ooc { color: #acacac; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#nani01b b { color: #b88810; }
</style>

wc: 628

She had once been a kind and trusting wolf, and where had that gotten her? It had worked some places, like Crimson Dreams, but she wasn’t the Commander there any more. Naniko’s experience leading Twilight Vale and Crimson Dreams was helping her now, though, even if the memories of those places were tinged in bitterness and disgust. She would never go to visit that pack if she had a choice; perhaps she would send one of her minions that way, but she didn’t want to go there herself ever again. Anathema would be all that she ever wanted or needed, a dark pack to suit the female’s evolving taste.

The first words that the bi-toned female spoke to her were about her son, and her ears perked up to catch every word. Dahlia. She couldn’t imagine why Harlowe would have gone over to that pack and left Phoenix Valley, but she didn’t question it for now. She believed Nayru. Another member of the pack had smelled similar to Harlowe when he had first come, Larkspur, and she was curious if he had come from the same pack. She didn’t know why he would choose to join up with her after their meeting, which hadn’t gone too well, but he must have had reasons. ”Harlowe is my son, from my second litter. I have one more son living here with me as well, from my third litter, little Scorpius.” She was proud of the fact that she had bore so many children, proud of her sons.

”Another wolf that came to my pack smelled like Harlowe, another D’Angelo named Larkspur. I’d never met him before…but he was a grouchy one, yes.” After her information came news of Dahlia. She was glad to hear that their business with the coyotes was long over and that nothing had happened since then; she would have hated to have formed her own pack only to go to war with the coyotes herself. She didn’t know much about Inferni and didn’t care to, having gone up there once before to forge a truce with them and Crimson Dreams a year or two earlier. Once was enough for her. She wouldn’t mind fighting them later on, if they made the first move, but right now the pack was fairly unstable and new.

That wasn't to say that she enjoyed fighting or war, just that she didn’t feel that her side would lose if it came to that. She was going to get started on a few ideas with Selene for traps that they could set around the territory to catch any wandering intruders. ”Good. I wouldn’t want to make the ‘yotes feel like we’re threatening them with our presence, especially if they had been pissed off at you lot recently.” The less combat-ready the coyotes were, the better. ”Well, then. Let’s start our run.” She began by taking a few steps that turned into a light jog, nothing too fast.

”I’m thinking that I’ll have to take you through to the dens after we get closer…to give you something to take back with you to your pack. Do you think your leader would like a token of our goodwill?” She wasn’t sure what she could give to him to show that, and thought about it for a few moments. Perhaps the necklace that she had carved from bits of whale bone would do. She had tried to dye the bone-beads and each one had a slight tint of a different color on it. The centerpiece on that necklace was the symbol for Anathema itself. She had been working on a few bone necklaces with the same symbol, and would be wearing one soon enough, alongside her gris-gris. ”What is your life like in Dahlia, Nayru?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread