Half a life
[html]

ooc talk: Table & Coding © James; Works for me; 559 words

Ouija had finished the gris gris that he had promised to make, something that he actually didn't do for others. That was one thing he thought others should craft for themselves. After all it was a representation of them. He felt that it added to the power of the protection if the one that wore it were the one to create it. Of course Addison hadn't been in the cult and so he doubted that she knew what it took to make one. It was for that reason that he had made the offer. They had started off rocky but he felt they had ended up making a bit of progress by the end of the meeting. And well, she was quite the lovely young lady so of course he wouldn't want to see anything happen to her. That was certainly one of the reasons that he had agreed to do this for her. He didn't want to hear tell or see anything happen to her.

Because of the time of the year he couldn't find the plants he needed to fill it with and so he had taken some from his own to fill it, giving her half of what he had. He would just have to refill his own when spring came around and advise her to do the same. He hoped that what they each had would be enough to just hold out until they could get some fresh plants. He hoped for a winter that wouldn't prove to be too harsh since they would be afforded half the protection as normal. Of course that wasn't a pleasant thought at all. Though at least he had his rune work for that added bit of protection.

Still he felt like it was missing something. Something that he couldn't quite put his finger on. He was out and looking, trying to figure out what that something was when he heard the call. He smiled as he recognized the voice. It was that same sweet voice that had threatened him before. He headed out to find the source and found the female waiting at the borders. "So you've found me." He spoke with a grin and stepped close, though no close enough to invade her space. After all he had learned last time that she hadn't liked that. Instead he leaned against a tree opposite of her and held up the snake skin gris gris that he had crafted for her. "Since I didn't have any stored up supplies I gave you half of what was in mine. When the seasons change it can be refilled so you can be offered full protection. Still you can add in things that are personal to you. Your own good luck charms. If you have a bit of fur that you don't mind sharing I'd put that in there to personalize it to work for you." He had his own fur in his so that it would work only on him, not that he believed that any would steal his. He just believed that it worked better when the owner was known. "I still feel that it is missing something, perhaps something that ties to you, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. Though it is perhaps better that add to it and make it your own."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread