Just A Little Under The Weather
[html]
Sorry for the wait :/!!

WC:546

As the heat began to warm the chilled air the coal toned warrior smiled a little thankful for Amata’s kindness in his moments of need. As she moved and sat beside him he gave a light chuckle followed by a cringe once again from the pain. This was not going to be a pleasant process. Still, it could have been worse; he could not be here. “Well what else have I got left when the doc says I’m not allowed to go play with the other pups?” He asked with a wink and a smile. It was odd to be under the control of his niece. He had watched her grow from a little playful bundle of a fur into a lovely young lady. Yet here he was.

Obeying orders he shifted to a more upright position and lifted his arms up slightly so the girl could easily remove the bandages. He was looking forward to the day when he could fix his own bandages. Nodding he added, “I’m sure you’ll be able to tell.” Small short breathes allowed his chest to lift and fall at an abnormally fast pace, but it was all he could do to stop the pain. Looking down as she removed the bandage he grimaced at the sight of his own chest. The deep cuts were not shortening in length nor reducing in width. It appeared as though they would stay forever. As the cream colored fey dabbed his wounds lightly with water her flinched and held back yelps as the pad made contact.

At her comment about the bear guilt filled the warrior. He had thought that Savina was being attacked by the creature. That the bear was dangerous and aggressive and his family was in danger. As it turned out the bear had been a friend of Denali’s, the boy that he had been trying to make a better impression on since his poor behaviour in their first meeting as a little pup. “I was trying to do my job.” He said defensively with a frown. “I arrived to see Savina attacking a bear. What else was I suppose to think?” It wasn’t his fault he had almost killed a innocent creature. Had it been prey he wouldn’t have cared, but other predators, predators that were friends with family....

Stopping his train of thought the brute of a man quickly changed the subject. “So, what’s the verdict? Scar or no scar?” He already had a fair sized scar on the inside of his arm from a loner who had bitten and refused to let go. Although he didn’t particularly care for permanent marks there was nothing he could do if fate would have him covered with them. Perhaps Ghita would find it attractive? Maybe he would come to think of is as a mark of his duty. Today though, the once overly proud Knight was a little under the weather. Although he had attacked in defence of his family he felt like he had been too quick to react. He had let down Denali and now he was bed ridden and unable to care for his own pups. His pride was broken. Still he smiled at his niece, unwilling to show her that he was hurting, More than physically.

<style type="text/css">
.jazzytab2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#8a2001; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.jazzytab2ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.jazzytab2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jazzytab2 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#dcdedb; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... zytab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread