Alpha Negative
[html]

SSWM: 684 .

Nayru was pleased when the mention of Harlowe brought more words from Naniko. Confirmation that not only had the boy come here but the man she had been tracking as well. Nayru really hadn’t needed the confirmation but it seemed the pair was settled into Anathema and the girl knew better than to ever expect their return to Dahlia de Mai. The white lady also revealed that she was the mother of Harlowe and this delighted Nayru, although why she wasn’t sure. It was just more knowledge, and probably some that she did not need to retain but would anyway. Just in case. “Well Harlowe was very polite when I met him, I’m sure your other son will grow up just as well as Harlowe has.” Nayru smiled, although she wasn’t really sure how much parenting Naniko had put into Harlowe. They boy had been young when she met him, as young as herself without parents, and he had been with Larkspur in Dahlia de Mai. Where had Naniko been then?

“Aye, I too have met Larkspur. That sounds like him. ” And she smiled inwardly at the memory of the old brute. He probably didn’t think much of her, but she often thought of him and silently thanked him. The rough male had been the only one able to steer her into hunting, help her overcome herself and her soft heart. He had unknowingly unleashed a demon in the girl, a bloodlust that seem unsatisfiable, and had molded her almost as much as Saluce or Conor had. It did not matter that he was apart from Dahlia de Mai now, or that the others perhaps held ill feelings for him, the girl couldn’t help but think of him kindly. That he was here, with Harlowe, and she knew that now was enough.

Ears perked at the words of Naniko then, her comments on the coyotes and the recent war did not sit well with Nayru but she said nothing, merely accepting the words for what they were and keeping her face respectful as the white woman spoke. The ebony and ivory fey was also grateful the conflict was laid to rest, but the girl knew that her reasons were not one and the same as the leader of Anathema. Blood shed between canines was something Nayru wished to avoid at all costs, for all packs, but peace for Dahlia de Mai was more important than peace for the other clans. Naniko had Anathema’s interests at heart and Nayru couldn’t penalize the woman for this. It was only right.

Nodding Nayru kept pace with Naniko, the jog was easy and the girl kept silent until Naniko spoke. A token of good will? Nayru hadn’t been expecting this and hadn’t even planned on definitely reporting to Conor. Whether he had known of her visit to their nearest neighbor Nayru didn’t know, but she supposed she should tell him of that too. Surely he would be pleased to know that neither of the two packs harbored any ill feelings towards Dahlia de Mai and that peace between them was well established. “Conor Soul is my alpha and I am sure he would appreciate whatever you see fit to send with me.”

They moved along and Naniko’s next question seemed one that Nayru might ask herself, of any other stranger that came to visit Dahlia de Mai. Rarely did others ask her to describe her own life, or at least not in so broad a question and for a long moment of silence she thought, trying to formulate the best response. “My life in Dahlia de Mai is very pleasant. I hunt and patrol the borders mostly, but it’s quite there and we haven’t had much excitement in the past few months. Conor has just been made a father though, so I suppose the pack is pleased with that.” Was that the kind of information Naniko wish for? Nayru’s ruby gaze sought approval in the face of the other, and then her timid voice mirrored the question for the Anathema leader. “Is life in Anathema much different?”

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread