M - Darling I want to... destroy you.
[html]

WC 527

Oh, this was just too easy! She almost laughed out loud.

The hellion grinned as she guided the boy away from the safety and protection of his pack's territory. Of course, he was more familiar with his homelands and would know the ripest land to find food in, but Nuki was not so arrogant as to enter the pack's land. They were not trustworthy. Maybe later she would put on her best act and pretend to play nice with the little pack doggies, but for now she needed to survey her situation thoroughly. She was a patient hunter and a survivalist. She could take her time.

“Well now, it certainly does sound like a wonderful place with all your family there. How big is your family? You're lucky, I don't have much of a family. I did for a little while but they are all gone now.” She had a living half-brother, Argul, who had joined her in her journey to Nova Scotia, but she was not about to tell this to the boy. There was no point. She was manipulating him, not feeding him information. She already knew that she would let the boy return home today – this was a reconnaissance mission only, not a pleasure (aka killing) mission – and when he went home he would probably tell somebody about meeting her. It would most likely be written off if she did not clue the teenager into the fact that she could be dangerous. In fact, if he was wandering outside of the pack's borders, maybe he was disobeying the rules. Maybe he wouldn't tell anyone at all, for fear of tattling on himself.

Nuki glanced over her shoulder at the borders that stretched farther and farther away. “So Denali, do you adventure outside of your home a lot?” She did not want to remind him that he was leaving his pack's lands, but it would help to know how likely he was to tell anybody he had met her. Still, she would make friends with him... a task that had pretty much already been accomplished for her by the boy's naivete... and at least he might not portray her as a threat.

Her hand slipped down onto his bicep as though by accident and she gasped in surprise. “Hmm... You're strong, aren't you? Are you as good of a hunter as you look? You see, I've kind of got my arms full here.” She shrugged one of her packs and some of her hidden possessions jangled. “So it's a little hard for me to hunt right now. I have my bow but I'd prefer not to use it so close to your pack's territory, lest someone get the wrong idea. Maybe if you could do me a favor and find us a little snack I could give you a nice reward.”

Her smile widened into a satisfied grin. Oh yes, she had a glorious reward for the boy that would certainly keep her in his good graces, and might just be the bait to bring him to her in the future, too. Now, if he would trip the snare.

<style>
.nukiraven-2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nukiraven-2 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nukiraven-2 b {color:#01010b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.nukiraven-2 {background-color:#224252; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1150/nukiraven2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#848d93; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 230px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread