Hear the sigh of the trees
[html]

It was hard for Alder to plan out how and when he would come to visit his nieces and nephews. He would come of course, but then the ideas that had been swarming in his head blocked out that future, and made it hard for him to visualize it happening. Why was this all so difficult? He could see himself as a strong wolf, but then when he tried to stand tall his back would not straighten. Though he had said the words Alder was not positive that he would accompany Anu to see Haven and Princess' puppies. Part of him wanted to go back to Crimson Dreams to do so and then another part felt content right where he sat.

Ears took up the words that were spoken, nodding as he gathered the information that he was unaware of. Mati and Cambi, they would be here. He was comforted in knowing that, having a deep love for his sister as well as her mate. Alder always saw kindness in both of them. Grey and black head nodded, no it was important that his mother stay then. Though she was supportive in a multitude of ways Anu would be best in the pack lands and the mated pair were most useful here when the time came. Maybe I will still come. he spoke, softly as he hoped he would still be invited even if his mother was not here. He knew that Cambria was a talented healer, and his sister was the pack's pup-nurse and so they bother were practiced in such events. The meek wolf grew slightly more confident, hoping that he too could be present and help if he happened to be needed.

Alder didn't wish to confess all these things, nor did he want to look weak in front of the Knight. But Haven was his brother before all, and the young male needed to express these feelings more then anything. Blue eyes looked to his brother, waiting and listening as he spoke of his journey out of Crimson Dreams. He had never known the things that his brother spoke of and it was heart wrenching to think that Haven had once fallen so low. But Alder did not see the folly in his past, but looked at the outcome and the great rise that he had made. So far he had come.

There were a few words that stood out in the male's mind. Sentences that stuck to his brain so quickly that he couldn't shake them even if he tried. "I would have just used everyone as a crutch. I don't think I ever would have learned to stand on my own legs." It was how he felt, leaning on his mother like he did. It wasn't right, and Alder knew it.

He was silent after Haven finished speaking, though he was not considering the things that Haven had done in the past like his brother might imagine. Alder's view of the Knight was not tarnished at the least, he had done something that the masked male was struggling with himself and he could only view him with admiration. I Alder faltered, unsure of what to say. I don't know if I could do that. he needed to, or he wouldn't learn how to stand on his own. He would fall, despite the support of the Dreaming world. He had already begun to sink.

<style type="text/css">
.alderjan08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d09d6c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dbdbd7; }
.alderjan08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e6d4c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1f1ee; text-align:left;}
.alderjan08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.alderjan08 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#f1f1ee; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... rjan08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #dbdbd7; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e6d4c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1f1ee; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.alderjan08-border1 {width:464px; border:1px solid #8e6d4c; margin:0 auto;}
.alderjan08-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eaded5; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
500+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread