Say it ain't so
He took note of Niro reflexively reaching for his knife. Though it was only reflexively Argul kept a close guard on. So far this land has not shown him anything different from where he came from. Though, logically, Argul has not socialized or traveled much of it. The logic did not click in his head and he saw the same mannerisms from his old home. In his eyes he saw Niro being defensive, grabbing for his knife and then remaining standing as if he had to watch his own back. Argul was experienced enough by now, you have to be to survive that long in World-End, and did not let any of this show. Rather, he kept his friendly demeanor on.

"I truly appreciate it, Niro. I am Argul Rakezael." He said his name with a slight twang of the voice, as if he did not want to give out the name right away. Being a suspect in murders usually led your name to be known in parts and most people mistrusted him. He doubted if the people here knew of these things. Close enough to see, his eyes were a rich royal shade of purple. They did not seem friendly like his voice or character has given off, but they did not seem mean or evil either. The closest thing one could thing of to describe the eyes would be wild. But he did not give off that characteristic either, as he seemed civilized and well-mannered.

He eyed Niro's hand for a moment. He knew of the tradition, though rarely practiced amongst strangers in World-End. He finally gave in after a moments though and extended his hand as well in a friendly shake with Niro. He made sure it did not last long though, after a few pumps of the arm he retreated his hand back to his side.

He smiled appreciatively and with that look of eagerness. He was indeed very hungry.

"I would gladly take some. I have not had a bite in quite awhile. I have just been roaming for the past couple of days." He flinched and thought he was stupid for giving out that information. He knew the conversation would likely lead into asking why he was roaming or where he came from and he did not want to divulge that information yet. So he quickly turned it back onto Niro before he could manage the questions - yet, anyhow.

"So, tell me. What brings you out here. I see no pack, no others around. If you don't mind me asking, as it may be personal, are you an outcast?" His friendly tone and mannerisms shone even more. He knew he had to play this if he was to get away without telling where he was from. He ensured that his voice made it sound like he would not judge Niro if he was indeed an outcast of some sort. He remained standing the entire time, waiting for either Niro to sit or to be offered to sit.

Messages In This Thread